(Map A, Building 13 [C4])
Cocke Hall is home to classrooms and offices. The Jefferson Revival building was designed by Stanford White of McKim, Mead & White as part of a South Lawn complex with Cabell and Rouss Halls. It was completed in 1898 and named in honor of John Hartwell Cocke, a close friend of Jefferson and a member of the original Board of Visitors. The building originally housed the Mechanical Laboratory.