(Map G, Building 3 [F2])
Alumni Hall houses the offices of the University of Virginia's Alumni Association, formed in 1838 and currently serving more than 200,000 living alumni. Originally a private residence built around 1915, the building was later used as a fraternity house, then purchased by the Alumni Association for their use in 1936. The building was enlarged in 1949-50, dedicated as a memorial to alumni who died in World War II. Architects for the project were Edmund S. Campbell, W. E. Stainback (Col '28), and Louie L. Scribner (Col '29). Alumni Hall also houses the Semester at Sea program, the UVA Fund, and the University Press Electronic Imprint.