(Map C, Building 16 [E1])
Designed by Eugene Bradbury and built in 1914, 21 University Circle was once a private home owned by, among others, Dean of Engineering William M. Thornton, who named it "The Terrraces." Thornton's daughters bequeathed it to the University in 1962. It houses the International Center, which since 1972 has provided a meeting place for students, faculty, and citizens involved in the international community. The center includes a library and guest lodgings. Celebrating its 30th anniversary, the center took on the name of its longest-standing administrator, Lorna Sundberg.