(Map A, Building 25 [B4])
Minor Hall, which contains classrooms and offices of the College of Arts & Sciences, was designed by John Kevan Peebles (Col 1890) and was originally home to the University's Law School. The building opened in 1911 and was named in honor of John B. Minor, renowned professor of law who taught at the University from 1845-95. After 1932, Minor Hall housed the Speech and Drama Department until the Drama Department moved to its current home in 1974.