(Map C, Building 23 [E3])
In the early 20th century, this site was proposed for an "athletic casino," or club and lounge, for housing and entertaining visiting team members. Designs proposed in 1903 and in 1915 included elegant entryways and a mammoth trophy room, but each was rejected. The current building, designed by architecture professor Fiske Kimball, was built in 1923 to provide housing for a growing faculty. In recent years, its space has served a number of different organizations and purposes.