What the community is saying…
"The World Wide Speakers Bureau has provided me with international guests who speak to our listeners on WTJU, Radio Tropicale about their world experiences. I have received numerous phone calls during the show about the wonderful guests we have."
Ruhi, WTJU host
"Our residents love this program. The speakers have always been so professional, knowledgeable, and friendly."
Linda, Martha Jefferson House
What our speakers are saying…
"Speaking about Beijing was such a great experience! I love to share my culture with others. My audience had never been to China, but my talk gave them a perspective on another amazing part of the world."
"It’s been a great pleasure to speak on air about International Woman’s Day. Thanks to World Wide Speakers Bureau for providing this awesome opportunity. It’s been a really enjoyable experience."
World Wide Speakers are volunteers who are eager to share their global perspectives with local schools and community groups. Request a special topic or let us work with you to find the best speaker for your needs. The possibilities are as diverse as our speakers.
Culture (art, literature, music, etc.)
- A calligraphy lesson
- Traditional Chinese music & dance
- Scottish folk music
Society (social issues, customs, festivals & holidays)
- A Day in the life of a child in Spain
- Short language lessons
- International Woman’s Day
- Japanese Tea Ceremony
City or country profiles
- The Korean War and American & S. Korean relations
- The Great East Japan Earthquake
Presentations can be tailored to your needs and to your audience. Presentations can be brought to you, or can be held at the Lorna Sundberg International Center, located at 21 University Circle.
How to request a speaker
Please make requests for speakers at least three weeks prior to scheduled program. We will make every effort to meet your request, but speaker availability is limited during the summer and university holidays.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or Call Adrienne Kim Bird at 434-243-1433, 434-982-3010.
Here’s the information you’ll need in order to schedule a speaker:
- Country, culture, and presentation topic
- Date & time of event, and alternate dates & times
- Desired length of presentation
- Target audience
- Will you be able to provide transportation if necessary?
- Location (Presentations can be brought to you, or be held at the International Center).
- Available equipment (Projector for Power Point presentations, microphones, etc.)