The University of Virginia is closely monitoring the emergence of COVID-19, and consulting with experts at UVA Health, the Virginia Department of Health, the CDC and other partners. The top priority is the safety of the members of the University community, and UVA will make decisions based on public health guidance and current conditions here and elsewhere.
This page will be updated regularly to reflect changes to University operations, academic scheduling, UVA policies, programming or guidance to members of the University community.
Updated April 1, 2020
UVA announced additional operational changes and guidance on March 30, including:
- All in-person summer programs through June 30th, 2020 have been cancelled.
- “Summer programs” include classes, conferences, camps, and other events that are scheduled to occur on Grounds through June 30th.
- This means that classes offered during Summer Session 1 and 2 will move online. You can find more information on the Summer Session site.
- By June 1, the University we will decide about in-person summer programs occurring after July 1.
- Gov. Ralph Northam on March 30 issued an Executive Order requiring all Virginians to remain at home unless they are traveling to and from work or seeking essential services like medical care, food, or banking.
- Institutions of higher education, like UVA, “shall cease all in-person classes and instruction, and cancel all gatherings of more than ten individuals.
- For purposes of facilitating remote learning, performing critical research, or performing essential functions, institutions of higher education may continue to operate, provided that social distancing requirements are maintained.”
- The governor’s order is consistent with the decisions we have made over the last few weeks and will not change the way the University is operating.
Updated March 17, 2020
Events & Meetings
Housing and Dining Refunds, Credits
UVA Intramural-Recreational Sports
Useful Contacts and Resources
- For assistance with online instruction:
ITS Help Desk: 434-924-HELP (434-924-4357)
Live Chat available via ITS Help Desk
- For questions related to financial aid or partial refunds for housing and dining:
email@example.com or 434-982-6000
- For the Human Resources Solution Center:
AskHR@virginia.edu or 434-243-3344
- For questions related to On-Grounds Housing and personal belongings:
- For general questions from/for students:
firstname.lastname@example.org or 434-924-7133
- For Student Counseling:
434-243-5150 (available 24/7)