The Office of Emergency Preparedness develops and communicates the University’s key emergency policies, strategies, plans and procedures and works closely with departments and offices to design, train and exercise emergency response plans. The office champions a strong commitment to personal preparedness planning; we educate students, faculty, and staff on mitigation, preparedness, response, and recovery strategies. The office assesses the University’s preparedness for natural, epidemic and terrorist emergencies while working collaboratively with representatives from the City of Charlottesville, Albemarle County and other local, regional, state, and federal agencies on emergency planning.
News & Announcements
- Situational Awareness (PDF)
- Tip of the Month: Be Prepared for the Perils of Winter
- Extreme Cold GuidePresident Sullivan's Preparedness Month Proclamation (PDF)
- Emergency Notification Systems Test
- Emergency Preparedness & Terrorism Awareness Module
- Office of Emergency Preparedness Assistant Director: Connection to 'Captain Phillips'