Emergency Preparedness & Terrorism Awareness Module
Through Executive Order 44, Governor Kaine has directed that all state employees in the Commonwealth of Virginia complete a Terrorism and Security Awareness Orientation course. To this end, U.Va.'s Office of Emergency Preparedness has been working to produce an online training module that satisfies the state requirement and is compatible with the culture of emergency preparedness at U.Va. The result is a course designed to help understand how to plan and respond to hazards of all kinds.
This module is taken only once and is not an annual competency. Completion time is approximately 30 minutes or less. All employees must complete the training by February 1, 2010.
Instructions for Medical Center Employees:
Medical Center employees will complete this training via NetLearning; when they log in to NetLearning, this module will appear on their 'CBLs To Do' list.
Instructions for Academic Employees:
- Go to http://www.virginia.edu/integratedsystem
- Click on "Launch Finance/HR and Self Service" button
- Enter your Username and Password and click on the Login button.
- Click on UVA Employee Self-Service.
- Click on Learning.
- Click on Learner Home.
- In the Browse Catalog list on the right, click on On-line Training. (Alternatively, you may type Emergency in the Course Name field at the top and click on the Go button.)
- Click on Emergency Preparedness.
- Click on the Offering Name, Emergency Preparedness.
- Click on the icon on the right to Enroll in the class.
- Click on the Apply button. (You will see fields for the Enrollment Details - the PTAO information -- but since there is no fee associated with this class, these fields are not applicable.)
- Click on the Play button.
Trouble with the Module?
Medical Center employees contact: email@example.com
Academic employees contact: firstname.lastname@example.org