- Academic Accommodations
- Housing Accommodations
- Workplace Accommodations
- Application and Interview Accommodations
- Voluntary Self Identification
- Accessible Parking, Transportation, and Routes
- Counseling and Consultation
- Web Accessibility - Information for Building accessible sites
- Accessibility Ally
- Additional Information
The Equal Opportunity Officer for ADA Compliance serves as the University's Section 504 and ADA Coordinator and helps to resolve issues and provides information regarding services and accommodations for individuals with disabilities.
The University of Virginia is committed to equal opportunity in employment and education for persons with disabilities and complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (ADA) and the Rehabilitation Act of 1973. Individuals with disabilities are protected from discrimination and may be entitled to accommodations that will assist in their pursuits at the University. Employees should direct requests for accommodations to their supervisors and may seek assistance through University or Medical Center Human Resources (see procedures below).
Formal complaints of discrimination and possible violations of the ADA can be filed with the Office of Equal Opportunity Programs.
Law School Students
All Other Students (Contact the Student Disability Access Center)
Current Academic and Medical Center Employees
Current and Prospective Academic and Medical Center Employees
- Requesting an accommodation for the application process
- University Human Resources Service Center at 434.982.0123
- Medical Center Human Resources Service Center at 434.243.3344 or HRInfo@virginia.edu
- Requesting an accommodation for the interview process
- Individuals who are Deaf or Hard of Hearing may contact the Coordinator of Deaf and Hard of Hearing Services at 434.243.5186 (voice) or 434.465.6579 (vp) to request an interpreter or other accommodations.
- Individuals with other types of disabilities
- Academic positions – contact the hiring department
- Medical Center positions – contact Medical Center Human Resources Customer Service Center at 434.243.3344 or HRInfo@virginia.edu
Voluntary Self Identification forms for persons with Disabilities and/or Veteran Status
(The Voluntary Self Identification Form does not qualify as a request for a disability accommodation)
Academic and Medical Center Employees
Design knowing that people with cognitive, hearing, motor, visual and other impairments may use your site.
- University Web Accessibility
- University Information Technology Accessibility Policy
- ITS Training Services - Web Design Guidelines
- W3C (World Wide Web Consortium) - International Standards
- WebAim (Web Accessibility In Mind)
EOP's Disability Awareness Presentation and Ally Network
(If you are unable to access the Accessibility Ally presentation or Pledge form please contact 434-924-3200 or UVAEOP@virginia.edu for alternate formats.)
- Services for Students with Disabilities
- Service Animals - Definition and Standards
- Job Accommodations Network (JAN) - Information about disabilities and accommodations
- Disability.gov - Federal government website for information on disability programs and services
- Mid Atlantic ADA Center - Information, news, initiatives, training, resources and publications