- New Improved IS Web Site
- The Focus is on "U"
- ISDS Begins 11i Upgrade
- ISDS Moves
- Current Usability Task Force Projects
- Choice Eliminates Spam
- Hints and Tips
- Questions and Answers From Users
ISDS has relocated to the Michie North Building at 918 Emmet Street. "While the more
isolated environment at 2400 Old Ivy Road was helpful in our 'project' phase,
this new location will allow us to work more closely with both our partners and
the people we support," says Virginia Evans, Assistant V.P. for Integrated System
Deployment & Support. New and In the Works Projects from the IS Usability Taskforces
FUSS members, from left: Mike Boblitz, Neal Grandy, Nancy Pace, Rose Chisholm, Sandy Layne, Melissa Clarke, Florence Buchholz, Rick Seaman, Angie Wooten.
Finance Usability & System Solutions (FUSS) Task Force
- Prior to its designation as the FUSS task force, this group refined, enhanced, and improved the usability and functionality of existing FM and LD reports.
- Based on a straw
poll of Fiscal Administrators,
the FUSS group is currently
focused on communication and
knowledge transfer in the subject
area of month-end reconciliation
requirements, policies, and
procedures. FUSS is partnering
with the Division of Training
and Financial Administration
to create both a new class
and a web site focused on reconciliation.
- FUSS is working on a method to exclude end-dated projects and awards from month-end reconciliation reports.
Manual Encumbrance Task Force
- In September, this task force rolled out an extension to the Grants Management (GM) module to aid users in creating and maintaining manual encumbrances. This new functionality is available to the UVA GM Encumbrance Specialist responsibility.
- A new parameter was added to the existing FM_Expenditure Detail by Project report to allow old Oracle Manual Encumbrances to optionally be excluded from the report.
Click here for procedures.
Grants Task Force
This task force was charged with creating and improving reports for principal investigators and other grants administrators. To date they have created five Discoverer reports specifically for this group. Currently, they are working on a sponsored program-related addendum to the basic reconciliation course being developed by the FUSS task force.
HR Reports Task Force
This task force is working on 3 new reports and changes to a fourth. These reports will be published in the ODS for users with the 'UVA ODS Specialist Limited' responsibility. Users will be notified by Central HR when these reports are available.
- HR_Employee Roster by Org: This report provides a departmental employee roster of employees who have their Primary Assignment Organization assigned to a specified department.
- HR_Current Salary Information: This report can be used by departments to identify groups of employees who will have a salary change. This report is based off a non-date tracked folder/view. It can be run by Org or MBU.
- HR_Faculty Report: This Discoverer workbook contains 4 tabs (reports), all related to faculty. The individual tabs show data in each of the following areas: Basic Employee Information, Tenure Information, Endowed Chair Information, and Qualification Information.
- UVA_Employee Information for Labels: The new version of this report will provide an option to show employees on-leave and/or suspension. The following columns have also been added: Hire Date, Home Phone, and Additional Titles.
LSP Task Force
This group is currently working on 11i workstation sizing and any necessary desktop upgrade (j-initiator, Discoverer, etc) requirements.BACK TO TOP
Choice Eliminates Spam
ISDS has created two new mailing lists, automatically subscribing all Integrated System users and fiscal administrators, but giving them the option to unsubscribe if they do not want to receive messages. These include:
- IS Downtimes: Notice of out-of-the-ordinary system downtimes. These notices are also posted on the Current News web site.
- IS Bulletins: IS Exchange and other notices of general interest to system users.
If you are not subscribed
or know of someone who
is not subscribed to either
of these lists but would
like to be subscribed,
please click here.
Targeted emails to people with specific Integrated System responsibilities are not optional since they convey information that those users must have to do their work. Those messages will be sent from an IS User Notice account.
Hints and Tips
From Nancy Eagle, Office of the V.P. for Finance
- Shift + tab to navigate backwards between cells instead of using the mouse to move there.
From Tara Poleski, ISDS
- Shift + F5 will copy the cell above.
- Shift + F6 will copy the entire line above. (Be aware, if you have attachments to the line above, the attachments copy also)
- When you go to the List of Values and put the first letter before the % sign, it takes you to that letter of the alphabet in the list. For example, I use travel a lot...so I just type a T%, and find, and it takes me right to all the travel expenditure types.
- If you know expenditure types by heart, such as regular wages OTM on the time sheets, you just type reg in the field and tab, and it fills it in.
Please send your hints and tips to Carole Horwitz at email@example.com so they may be included in the next issue of IS Exchange. If your tips are published, we will send you a thank you gift for helping out your fellow users of the Integrated System.BACK TO TOP
Questions and Answers From Users
We encourage you to send questions, or answers to questions you have heard, to be included in future issues of IS Exchange. Please send them to Carole Horwitz at firstname.lastname@example.org.