Standard Reports - Submit a Request
Director of Accounting Services
GL Accounting Manager
The Training Manager, Directorate of Training is responsible for ensuring that this document is necessary, reflects actual practice, and supports University policy.
N ® Reports ® Request ® Standard, OR
N ® Other ® Requests ® Run
Submit a New Request
1. Open the "Submit a New Request" window.
2. Select "Single Request" and click [OK].
3. Click in the "Request Name" field and press Ctrl-L or click the LOV icon to see the list of standard reports available in the module.
NOTE: Using the “Copy a Prior Request...” button allows you to take advantage of previously entered request submissions.
4. Select the desired report from the list in the 'Reports' window. The preceding example displays a list of reports available in the General Ledger module.
NOTE: If you are looking for a specific report key the first several characters of the report's name before the per cent (%) sign in the 'Find' field then click the 'Find' button.
If you only know a word or two in the report's name try keying those words between two % signs. For example, if you are looking for a particular budget report you might key %Budget% in the 'Find' field then click the 'Find' button. You will get a list of all reports with the word Budget in their report names.
5. A 'Parameters' window appears automatically if you selected a report that requires parameter values. Enter the required values in the appropriate parameter fields and click OK.
NOTE: This example is from the GL Cash Balance Report.
NOTE: Your parameter values are concatenated and displayed in the Parameters field.
6. Click [Schedule] to select a type of schedule from the following options:
7. Click [Completion Options]
NOTE: Printer must be a networked printer specifically configured for IS printing. See your Local Support Partner (LSP) or call ITC Help Desk (924-3431) for assistance.
PRINTER WORKAROUND: If you do not have a networked printer configured for IS you can still get printed output. Select (highlight) all the report elements you want to print and copy them to your Windows clipboard (press Ctrl-C). Open Excel, click in one of the upper left cells; then, copy the clipboard data to the spreadsheet (press Ctrl-V). Save the Excel file. Then use Excel's File ® Print feature to print the report.
8. Click [Submit].
9. Click [Refresh Data].
NOTE: The Phase and Status fields will not change dynamically as the request is processed. You must click [Refresh Data] repeatedly to see any changes in phase or status.
10. When the Phase field shows "Completed," Click [View Output]. The report will be displayed in HTML format in a new browser window.
Revision: 3 mr
Oracle Tutor can be licensed to modify and add to this content, documenting all of your business process documentation in the Oracle Tutor format.
Oracle® Tutor Copyright © 1997, 2009, Oracle. All rights reserved.