GM Award Manager*
GM OSP Setup Specialist*
GM Setup Specialist*
Creating & Revising an Award
Funding a Project
The Comptroller is responsible for ensuring that this document is necessary, reflects actual practice, and supports University policy.
Steps in Funding Projects
A GA Award Manager receives notification of the award number with funding available for a project in GA.
N ® Awards ® B ® Find ® B ® Open
1. Navigate to the Award Management window, enter your award number or other search parameters for your award and select [Find].
2. Select [Open].
3. Choose the active installment from which you want to fund a project.
4. Select [Project Funding].
The Project Funding button is only available on active installments.
Refer to Processing Funds
5. Enter your project number or use the LOV to locate the project number. If the project you are funding does not appear in the LOV, check the date ranges of the award installment and project. The project dates have to be within the award installment dates.
DO NOT complete the Task Number field. Tab through the Task Number field. The UVa standard is to fund at the Project level.
6. Enter the amount of the funding for your project.
Zero or Negative funding amounts are not acceptable. They are not fully acknowledged by GA and can cause a problem with budgeting.
Funding for your project is not necessarily the total installment, since an installment can fund many projects. Funding cannot exceed the installment total.
7. The Date automatically defaults to today's date and can be changed. This date has no functionality within GA but may be used for reporting purposes.
Continue steps 5 through 8 for each project being funded from the installment; you must save after each line.
End of activity.
Revision: 8 dhw
Oracle Tutor can be licensed to modify and add to this content, documenting all of your business process documentation in the Oracle Tutor format.
Oracle® Tutor Copyright © 1997, 2009, Oracle. All rights reserved.