Cost Transfers - Transferring Charges Using Expenditures Batches in GA
GM Setup Specialist*
GM Billing Specialist*
GM Award Manager*
GM Project Manager*
GM Transaction Specialist*
Expenditure Batches in GA
The Comptroller is responsible for ensuring that this document is necessary, reflects actual practice, and supports University policy.
Before beginning your batch gather the following information from the Discoverer Report IS.FM_Expenditure Detail by Project:
1. Log into the Integrated System and one of the following responsibilities:
2. Complete the Expenditure Batches form.
3. Select [Expenditures]. The Expenditures window appears.
4. Enter only the incurred by organization in this portion of the window.
Entering Expenditure Items
5. Enter the date the expense was actually incurred in the Expenditure Item Date field.
6. Enter the Project Number, Task Number and the Award Number or select them from the LOV.
7. Select the Expenditure Type (LOV).
Note: The list of expenditure types and their descriptions may be found in the Discoverer report IS.FM_GA Expenditure Types. Log on to Discoverer (you must have the ODS Specialist IS responsibility) to view this Discoverer report.
Only expenditures (E in PTAEO) that are included on the Allowed Cost Schedule (ACS) related to the Award you have selected will appear using the LOV in the Expenditure Type field.
If the expenditure type you selected has been restricted by Transaction Controls, you will receive an error message when you save.
8. Use the LOV (Ctrl L) to default in Non-Labor Resource. This is system defined according to the expenditure type ("E") you have chosen.
9. Use the LOV (Ctrl L) to default in Non-Labor Org. This is system defined according to the expenditure type ("E") you have chosen.
10. Enter the quantity ($ amount) of the expenditure.
11. Enter comments. This field is free-form text and allows for 240 characters. Certain audit information must be recorded here.
Accounting Services Department
Grants and Contracts (OSP)
Grants and Contracts (OSP)
The comment field can be used for reporting purposes within Discoverer.
12. Save your work.
Goto task #6 When entering more than one transaction for the same incurred by org go to the next available record in the Expenditure Items region and repeat steps 12-20.
Goto task #4 When entering more than one transaction for different orgs go to the next available record in the Expenditures region and enter the organization number in the organization field then
There is no limit to the number of incurred by orgs or line items you can create.
13. Return to the Expenditure Batches window by closing the Expenditures window.
Note: Check to make sure that your batch running total = 0.
Note: Some schools and departments require a review of Actual Expenditure Batches before submission to Accounting Services and Office of Sponsored Programs for final review and approval. In those cases, the Batch Creator would save the batch then notify the viewer (i.e. E-mail, phone etc.) that a batch or batches have been created and ready for review.
14. Select [Submit] on the Expenditure Batches window.
You will not be able to submit if your control and running totals are not equal.
End of activity.
Revision: 07/14/08 mr
Oracle Tutor can be licensed to modify and add to this content, documenting all of your business process documentation in the Oracle Tutor format.
Oracle® Tutor Copyright © 1997, 2009, Oracle. All rights reserved.