This is an overview of the Office Assistant application process for Summer 2013.
The Office of Orientation and New Student Programs seeks a responsible, organized individual to serve as a summer office assistant. This person will work with the Orientation staff to assist with the preparation and implementation of Summer and Fall Orientation programs and provide support to the office throughout the summer. The selected person will work 40 hours per week starting the week of May through the end of August (exact start/end dates are negotiable). The hourly wage is $8.50. Applications are due-TBA. Interviews will take place in March. The Office of Orientation and New Student Programs will notify candidates of its decision by March-TBA. The 2013 Summer Orientation dates are outlined below, along with a more detailed job description, including qualifications and responsibilities.
2013 Orientation Dates – Summer Orientation 2014 Dates – TBA
|Session A||Monday/Tuesday||July 8-9|
|Session B||Thursday/Friday||July 11-12|
|Session C||Monday/Tuesday||July 15-16|
|Session D||Thursday/Friday||July 18-19|
|Session E||Monday (Transfer Session)||July 22|
|Session F||Tuesday (Transfer Session)||July 23|
|Session G||Thursday/Friday||July 25-26|
|Session H||Wednesday – Friday||August 21-23|
2013 Fall Orientation: Saturday, August 24 – Monday, August 26
- Commitment to the mission of orientation and knowledge of its programs and services
- Excellent customer service skills and professional work habits
- Demonstrated interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work under tight deadlines and successfully manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to work effectively with a diverse group of people including students, parents, faculty and administrators
- Demonstrated record of flexibility, responsibility and willingness to assist others
- Ability to work autonomously and take initiative on projects
- Respond to phone calls and e-mail inquiries from new students and families in a timely fashion
- Help Orientation Coordinator manage the orientation online registration system and session waiting lists
- Assist with preparations before each orientation session (e.g. make copies of reports, generate student/guest nametags, etc.)
- Assist Orientation Coordinator with fiscal responsibilities
- Help set up/break down equipment before/after orientation sessions
- Provide staffing assistance as necessary (ushering in Old Cabell Hall, receiving deliveries at the SAB, etc.)
- Provide office coverage and receive/distribute mail to office staff
- Other duties as assigned
The 2014 application will be available in the spring of 2014.
2012 Summer Office Assistant Application (.doc)
Please send your completed application and questions as an attachment to email@example.com by March-TBA. Once your application has been received, the Office of Orientation and New Student Programs will contact you to set up an interview time.