NIH to Require Use of Updated Electronic Application Forms for Due Dates on or after September 25, 2013
(Click this link to go to full text of the NIH notice)
NIH is transitioning to updated electronic application forms packages. The new packages will be identified with a Competition ID of FORMS-C and will include the form changes documented at: http://grants.nih.gov/grants/ElectronicReceipt/files/FORMS-C_Changes.pdf.
For due dates on or after September 25, 2013, all applicants will be required to use FORMS-C packages, with the exceptions noted below. The requirement includes electronic applications submitted under the continuous submission policy, administrative supplement requests (Type 3), change of organization requests (Type 6) and change of grantee/training institution requests (Type 7) submitted September 25, 2013 and beyond. Multi-project applications that are transitioning to electronic submission beginning with the September 25, 2013 due dates (see NOT-OD-13-075) will also use FORMS-C packages.
If you submit B forms on or after September 25, your application will be Rejected with Errors at Grants.gov. You will need to move to the updated forms and submit BEFORE the deadline. Finding out that you used the wrong forms right at the deadline will not be considered a valid reason for a late submission.
- If presented with more than one forms package, applicants should download and use the most recent set of forms to complete their submission. However, applicants submitting to AIDS deadlines should be especially careful in choosing the correct package and be sure to follow guide notice timelines.
- Return to FOAs posted without a forms package or existing Funding Opportunity Announcements (FOAs) with ADOBE-FORMS-B1 or B2 packages 45-60 days prior to the deadline to obtain the FORMS-C package.
- All applicants should carefully read their FOA and the appropriate “C Series” Application Guide for program-specific instructions before completing their application. (This C Series Guide is not yet available. NIH is shooting for mid-July.)
The programs noted below will move to FORMS-C application packages as follows:
- Individual Research Career Development Award Programs (Ks), Institutional Training and Career Development Programs (Ts and Ds) and Individual National Research Service Awards (Fs) applicants will be required to use FORMS-C packages for due dates on or after January 25, 2014.
- Small Business programs (SBIR/STTR) applicants will transition to FORMS-C packages later in 2014, when we can combine these form changes with anticipated form changes relating to the Small Business Authorization Act.