Welcome to the The IRB for Social and Behavioral Sciences (IRB-SBS) website. Our office reviews all non-medical behavioral human research (studies which are considered medically non-invasive). Are you new to our site and/or office? Check out the Quick Guides for help!
News & Announcements
- Missing a document in your files? Good record keeping is essential to human subjects research. If you are missing a document, you can submit a request for a digital copy using the Digital Copies Request Form. However, please check your files first before making the request. For more information, see Record Keeping and Requesting Digital Copies.
- The UVa Library offers Scientific Data Consulting to help researchers improve their data management. Check out our blog for more information!
- All university personnel are now legally obligated to report child abuse. University Human Resources has developed a web page that defines child abuse and provides information about how to report an incident. All UVa employees should become familiar with this page but it is particularly relevant to researchers who work directly with children. For more information, please see Child Abuse and the IRB-SBS News and Archives Blog.
- IRB-SBS Blog: Check out our IRB-SBS News and Archives blog for the latest information about research ethics and social and behavioral science research at UVa.
- Looking for the IRB-HSR? Check out their website.